I am blown away at the amount of fun Arcade Capcom/SNK-esque polish vibe this game has, and it is incredibly criminal this game is not more well known.
Icarus Proudbottom's Typing Party
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Icarus Proudbottom's Typing Party is the world's first local multiplayer typing game.
Two keyboards, one computer. Grab a group of friends and have a Typing Party!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to play this game with friends, you will need two keyboards attached to your computer. If you're on a desktop, any two standard USB keyboards should work. If you're on a laptop, you can use the laptop keyboard + 1 USB keyboard, or alternatively use two USB keyboards.
This is a multiplayer game at heart and is designed to be played with friends - however, you can practice the game single-player by competing against Mark 22, a computer controlled opponent! (You do not need two keyboards when playing against Mark 22.)
- Face off with NINE amazing minigames!
- Supports up to four players!
- Configure your party: Choose which minigames you want to play, and how many points the game lasts!
- Practice against the computer in single-player mode!
- Two versions of the game are included: the standard version, plus the "ARCADE VERSION" - a simpler, shorter version that doesn't require a mouse and can be set up as an installation.
This game is kinda old! It was originally built in Flash, and was only recently revitalized and packaged. Therefore there are a few technical quirks.
- Framerate seems to be bad in windowed mode. This is likely an effect of using the Adobe AIR runtime. We highly recommend fullscreen for all users.
- Letterboxing will appear on screens that are not 16:9.
- Pressing ESCAPE exits fullscreen mode and can mess up inputs. Use the upper-right menu to toggle fullscreen on and then off to fix.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Mac version + 1.01 update!!Jun 20, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I kinda feel bad about not knowing this came came out 8 months ago, but I'm glad I'm finally able to play this! I've been waiting to play this for so long! Also, sorry that this game isn't getting that much attention, you guys deserve much more!
Is The Game Free Now?
It's here to kick ass and chew guggle bum. And it's all out of guggle bum.
I played the arcade version at Wonderville and omg, I love it, had to buy it. It's a funny premise but it's not just a gimmick, the mini-games are actually really good! Not to mention the art is great and the dialog made me laugh. This is the kind of game I want to make.
"Wow, what a good game!" –You, after Purchasing